Republika Srpska - prime minister
05/19/2026
10:38

BANJA LUKA, MAY 19 /SRNA/ - Prime Minister of Republika Srpska Savo Minić said that the collapse of the bridge in Gradiška is a serious warning that there is no more room for delaying the opening of the new border crossing, which is being blocked by the whim of one individual.
"I expect an urgent response from the Indirect Taxation Authority /ITA/. The safety of citizens and the normal functioning of the economy and transport must be above any arrogance, hatred, and obstruction," Minić posted on X.
He stressed that it is fortunate that there were no casualties or injuries in the collapse.
A partial collapse of the concrete structure and railing occurred overnight on the bridge over the Sava River in Gradiška, resulting in a suspension of cross-border traffic for all vehicles and pedestrians.
The Chairman of the ITA Management Board, Srđan Amidžić, said that the Management Board will today attempt for the sixth time to adopt a decision on opening the new border crossing in Gradiška.
The newly built border crossing and bridge, connecting BiH with the EU /Croatia/ on the country's most important transport route, worth 100 million Euros, have been ready for use since December last year, but a member of the ITA Management Board from the FBiH Zijad Krnjić has repeatedly prevented their opening for exclusively political reasons.




