Republika Srpska

MINIĆ CRITICIZES BiH INSTITUTIONS AFTER LOSS OF GROWTH PLAN TRANCHES

Republika Srpska - Prime Minister

SOURCE: Srna

05/21/2026

11:07

MINIĆ CRITICIZES BiH INSTITUTIONS AFTER LOSS OF GROWTH PLAN TRANCHES

BANJA LUKA, MAY 21 /SRNA/ - Nothing in BiH is functioning, and it is no surprise that those monitoring the Growth Plan have concluded that nothing required has been done, Republika Srpska Prime Minister Savo Minić said, commenting on the European Commission’s decision once again not to allocate a tranche to BiH under the Growth Plan.

Minić noted that the new bridge in Gradiška is a clear example of institutional dysfunction in BiH.

"We cannot open the bridge until something breaks down," Minić told reporters in Banja Luka.

The European Commission has approved new funds under the Growth Plan for three Western Balkan countries: EUR 49 million for Albania, EUR 44.2 million for Montenegro, and EUR 65.7 million for North Macedonia.

The Growth Plan for the Western Balkans also includes BiH, Serbia, and the self-proclaimed Kosovo. BiH has so far been left without funds because the key Agreement on the Reform and Growth Instrument has not been signed, which is a prerequisite for accessing the money.