Republika Srpska

BUDIMIR: SAJ SHOWED IN DUBAI IT BELONGS TO GLOBAL ELITE

Republika Srpska - MoI

SOURCE: Srna

02/18/2026

14:23

BUDIMIR: SAJ SHOWED IN DUBAI IT BELONGS TO GLOBAL ELITE

BANJA LUKA, FEBRUARY 18 /SRNA/ - The Minister of Internal Affairs /MoI/ of Republika Srpska Željko Budimir said that the members of the Special Anti-Terrorist Unit /SAJ/ at the international competition of special units "SWAT Challenge" in Dubai achieved a result that was noticeable and certainly shows that they belong to the global elite of special police units.

At the reception for the members of the SAJ, which he organized today with the director of the Police of Srpska Siniša Kostrešević, Budmir pointed out that he will support them in the coming year, and that the members of the MoI of the Srpska will continue to participate in such competitions, through which they gather experience that will surely help them in carrying out regular police work and tasks.

SAJ commander Saša Japundža said that the preparations for the competition in Dubai lasted a month and a half, and that they are satisfied with the result they achieved considering that they improved the result from last year, the MoI of Republika Srpska announced.

"We will try to use this time until the next competition and to prepare for certain training grounds in order to make an even better result next year," pointed out Japundža.

The prestigious competition for measuring the abilities of special units "SWAT Challenge," organized by the Dubai Police, was held from February 7 to 11. At the competition, 109 teams from 48 countries tested their strength and skills.