Germany - Prosecutor’s Office
05/21/2026
17:46

FRANKFURT, MAY 21 /SRNA-Reuters/ - German prosecutors today filed charges against two men suspected of helping plan the murders of prominent leaders of Jewish organisations in Germany on orders from Tehran.
"The accused are Danish citizen Ali S. and Afghan citizen Tavab M.," the statement said.
The Prosecutor’s Office says that Ali S. worked for the intelligence service of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and maintained close ties with its special Quds Force unit.
At the beginning of 2025, he was tasked with gathering information about the president of the Central Council of Jews in Germany, Josef Schuster, and the president of the German-Israeli Society, Volker Beck.
He was also ordered to spy on two Jewish grocery stores in Berlin.
"All of this was intended for planning murders and arson attacks in Germany," the Prosecutor’s Office added.
German and Danish authorities announced last year that a Danish citizen had been arrested on suspicion of spying for Iran by collecting information about Jewish locations and individuals in Berlin.




