USA - Iran - Strait of Hormuz
08/17/2026
15:56

WASHINGTON, AUGUST 17 /SRNA–RIA Novosti/ – US President Donald Trump said that the US armed forces would attack Oman heavily if it obstructed efforts to resolve the situation surrounding the Strait of Hormuz.
"If Oman gets in our way, we will bomb it heavily," Trump said.
He added that he was in no hurry when it came to resolving the conflict with Iran.
In recent weeks, Washington and Tehran, with the assistance of Middle Eastern mediators, have been holding negotiations on the terms of a new agreement aimed at ending the conflict.
Trump previously said that Washington was negotiating with Tehran without rushing, while, as he stated, Iran’s economic situation was deteriorating as a result of the US blockade of Iranian ports.