Latvia - Ukraine
08/20/2026
16:00

SVILNIUS, August 20 /SRNA/ - The unmanned aerial vehicle shot down over Latvia on August 14 belonged to Ukrainian forces, the Latvian Ministry of Defence said.
The Ministry of Defence confirmed on X that military experts had determined, following an examination, that the unmanned aerial vehicle belonged to Kyiv forces and that an investigation would show how it entered Latvian airspace, TASS reported.
An air-raid alert was declared in four municipalities in eastern Latvia on August 14 and lasted for about 30 minutes. Authorities later said that a drone had been intercepted and destroyed by a NATO fighter jet.