BiH

INTERNAL INVESTIGATION LAUNCHED OVER SUSPECTED NEGLIGENCE

BiH - Service for Foreigners' Affairs - cyberattack

SOURCE: Srna

08/17/2026

12:52

INTERNAL INVESTIGATION LAUNCHED OVER SUSPECTED NEGLIGENCE
Photo: SRNA

SARAJEVO, AUGUST 17 /SRNA/ - The BiH Service for Foreigners' Affairs was targeted in a cyberattack in which user credentials were stolen, prompting an internal investigation amid suspicions that adequate measures to protect the information system were not taken due to negligence.

The Service issued a statement regarding a cyberattack that targeted its information and communications system, stressing that all necessary measures were being taken to protect the data of citizens and employees.

The Service for Foreigners' Affairs said it had been informed by BiH security agencies that its information and communications system had been targeted in a cyberattack in which the attacker was stealing user credentials and using them to store and distribute stolen data.

“Given the seriousness of this information, an internal investigation has been launched because there are suspicions that, due to negligence on the part of certain employees, measures to protect the Service for Foreigners' Affairs' information system were not taken on time,” the statement said.