Congo - ebola
08/19/2026
08:47

KINSHASA, AUGUST 19 /SRNA/ - The number of confirmed Ebola cases in the Democratic Republic of the Congo has exceeded 5,000, the country’s Institute of Public Health said.
According to the latest situation report, 5,021 cases have been recorded so far, including 2,378 deaths, Reuters reported.
World Health Organization official Tierno Baldé said the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo could be brought under control within three months if the necessary resources are provided.