Republika Srpska

ALEKSIĆ: LAWSUIT IN PREPARATION, ANALYSES ARRIVED FROM SRPSKA

Republika Srpska - NATO bombing - consequences

SOURCE: Srna

05/18/2026

16:15

ALEKSIĆ: LAWSUIT IN PREPARATION, ANALYSES ARRIVED FROM SRPSKA
Photo: WEB

BELGRADE, MAY 18 /SRNA/ – Attorney Srđan Aleksić told SRNA that a lawsuit is being prepared after he received an analysis from Republika Srpska showing that heavy metals and depleted uranium were detected in the body of a cancer patient who had been in Han Pijesak during the 1995 NATO bombing.

"We are in the process of preparing a lawsuit for this case and are discussing with colleagues from Republika Srpska and BiH how to handle it in the best possible way," Aleksić said.

He previously stated that Republika Srpska residents have the right to file lawsuits and that they need to gather medical documentation.

Through Operation Deliberate Force against the people of Republika Srpska, NATO wrote shameful pages in its history between August 30 and September 14, 1995.

During the bombing campaign, NATO forces dropped more than 1,000 bombs on the territory of Republika Srpska, including Tomahawk-type missiles, with a total explosive weight of around 10,000 tons.

In addition, ammunition containing depleted uranium was used, the consequences of which the population still suffers today.

The bombing resulted in at least 46 killed soldiers and seven civilians, as well as 130 wounded civilians and military personnel.